Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Chihuly Glass Exhibit

When my parents were visiting, we took a field trip to the Dallas Arboretum to see the Dale Chihuly glass exhibit.  Tony and I had gone one night in July, but this was the first time the kids got to see it. The Arboretum took some of the artist's most well-known and iconic sculptures and set them up outside throughout the gardens.

Miss M catching a ride with Daddy.
My Mom and The Boyscout.
The Bug catching a nap with Papa (my Dad).
Everyone had a favorite piece.  Miss M loved the Purple "Neodymium Reeds" which appeared in several water exhibits.



 The Boyscout loved "The Sun" exhibit.  (This is 14 feet in diameter.)


The Bug liked the "Dallas Star" which he kept calling "Superman's Spaceship".


Tony liked the "Blue Polyvitro Crystals" that were in a stream.


My favorite were the "Carnival Boat" and the "Float Boat."


There were many more pieces on exhibit.  It was a nice way to view art outside of a museum, and a good way to expose the kids to glass as an art medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!