Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sending Hugs In the Mail

My mom lives 2,500 miles away from us.  We talk to her almost every day, and the kids like to Skype with her when they can, but it's not the same as seeing her in person.  I saw this cute idea for a Valentine and knew it would be perfect to adapt for sending hugs to Grandma.

First, the kids each traced their hands and cut them out (with help in The Bug's case). 



 Next, we measured a length of ribbon to match each child's arm span from wrist to wrist.  We wrote messages on the hands, and attached them to the ribbon.


The hugs were placed in an envelope and mailed to Grandma.


Miss M and The Bug had a great time with this craft, and I know my Mom liked receiving their hugs in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!