Monday, July 23, 2012

Loom Weaving

Miss M is at the age where she is starting to want to do more handicrafts.  One of the crafts I have had on her list is to do some weaving. 


It has been 108 degrees the last few days, so I thought it was a great time for exploring this technique. I started her out using a simple square plastic loom and some fabric loops that I purchased at the craft store.  Once shown the steps, she was able to do this project all on her own.


She loved weaving and has made three different woven piece so far, and is asking to do more.  She has also started to experiment with patterns, doing one piece in a rainbow weave and another in alternating pinks and purples.  This was a great way to introduce her to weaving and I know we will be doing more this year

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!