Monday, July 9, 2012

Lazy Summer Days

We have been busy enjoying the hot summer days for the last week.  Musical Theater is over and we have a break before any more summer programs start.  I am busy planning our upcoming vacation, putting the finishing touches on school plans, and dragging The Boyscout through a reading of Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne. 

Miss M has been doing a flurry of drawing and writing lately.  I love to take a look at her table and see the dozen or so papers she has stacked up at any one time.  This  morning I found this rendition of her favorite book: Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes.  I took the photo next to the book cover for comparison purposes.


Later, she asked how to draw a horse, so I got out our copy of Draw Write Now for the farm.  She was able to follow the directions and was ecstatic with her results, so I expect to see more horses in her stack soon.

Tonight while I was making dinner, Miss M and The Bug came through the kitchen like this.  Apparently he was her puppy dog and she was walking him.  She knows better than to tie anything around her brother, so he was holding his "leash" in his mouth.


A few minutes later they came through again, only The Bug was leading his sister around that time.  These two can always make me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!