Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Little Cottage Out Back

When I was a little girl, my father built my brother and I a playhouse in our backyard. It was a mini replica of my parents' house, down to the same grey vinyl siding. I have many wonderful memories of that playhouse from throughout my childhood. Yesterday, my dear husband spent the day building our kids their own little cottage out back.


 He had plenty of little hands willing to help him build.


The finished product is adorable, complete with working doorbell and a little kitchen inside. Miss M has already picked out fabric for me to make curtains, and is planning which flowers we need to plant in their window boxes.  It was done just in time for them to try it out before bedtime.


I hope our kids make as many fun memories in their little cottage as my brother and I did in ours. 

(The cottage is a build-it-yourself kit we purchased at Costco.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!