Thursday, April 5, 2012

Fingerpainted Bluebonnets

I think it is a requirement that all preschool and elementary-aged kids in this part of Texas must do a bluebonnet craft in the spring.  J certainly did his share when he was younger.  After our trip to the bluebonnets on Sunday, Miss M wanted to do one too.

I went very simple and gave Miss M several pieces of paper with a green construction paper stem and leaf glued to them and some purple paint. 


 First she made this one:


but thought the shape was wrong.  So I glued a blue triangle on the paper and she painted this one:


but wasn't happy with it.  Finally, she did this one and declared it her favorite.


I love watching her process when she is creating art!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!