Friday, February 24, 2012

Weekly Wrap-Up: Lent Begins

Miss M and I spent our school time on Tuesday working hard to make a countdown calendar for Lent.  We decided to make a sheep shape, and our plan is to read a Bible verse every evening at dinner and then mark off the appropriate square by gluing on a piece of crepe paper.  At the end of Lent, our sheep will be completely white.



For math one day, I pulled out our pattern blocks and challenged Miss M to make some more complex patterns. She actually really enjoyed this.


We had some fantastic weather this week (80 degrees one day) and all the kids had fun playing outside.  When J was a little boy, he always used to bring me dandelions from the yard and I have a picture just like this of him at about 4.  Doesn't he look so happy with my request to recreate the pose?


My favorite photos of the week were these ones of Baby B. He was making funny faces at the camera and I caught a few expressions we see all the time!



(His eyes are closed on purpose - this is his new favorite thing to do every time I pull the camera out lately!)

I am linking this to Weekly Wrap-Up at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers and Preschool Corner at Homeschool Creations.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by the World of Wiedz and thanks for the encouragement.

    I love the sheep-shaped Lent countdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sheep countdown too! Lots of fun stuff. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sheep countdown! Is there something you are using to help pick the Bible verses you're using?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - new here, from WUHS - looks like you had a great week. Love that you started this post with Lent! Super cute sheep.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!