Thursday, February 9, 2012

stART: Elmer the Patchwork Elephant

It has been a while since we have done a stART project.  This week we have been reading Elmer by David McKee as part of Baby B's Tot School, and I wanted to do a related project. Both M and B are having a great time reading about the patchwork elephant, and J mentioned it was one of his favorite books when he was their age.


First, we cut the bottom off of a milk jug.  Ours was a little too square, one of the rounder ones with the handle all the way down would work best.


Miss M and Baby B started to apply a watered-down glue to the jug and then adding on squares of tissue paper in a patchwork pattern.


This was supposed to be a joint project, but Baby B got bored very early and went to play trains while Miss M finished the project.  She had a great time with this project, and took her time to make it look "just right".



I am linking this to stART over at A Mommy's Adventures.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is too cute!! I'm pinning this and can't wait to give it a try. I know my preschooler is going to LOVE this! I found you over at the Start linky and am a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!