Friday, January 6, 2012

Weekly Wrap-Up: A New Year

We got back into our school routine this week, and had a very good week.  Miss M worked on her core subjects of reading, handwriting and math. We started All About Reading last month, and Miss M is doing great with it!


We also moved into Saxon Math 1 for the new year. The initial pages are review for her, but she is enjoying the program. She likes the mix of calendar time, hands-on and workbook pages, it fits her style very well. We are continuing to do story problems in our math journal, and she loves this best of all.



Early in the week I gave Baby B some of our winter animals to play with. He was making tracks in playdough and exploring the new animals. He loved it so much, that both he and Miss M have spent all of their free time playing with the animals in playdough.



Miss M made a foam snowman which we hung on the wall to replace the Christmas decorations we took down.

The weather has been sunny and in the 60s all week, so we didn't do most of the extras I had planned for our winter theme. I am saving them for the rainy days next week.

This is my favorite picture of the week.  I was taking a picture of Miss M and her American Girl Doll in their matching ballet outfits when Baby B decided he wanted into the picture.  He grabbed one of Miss M's other dolls and moved right next to her to be included, too!


J has semester exams next week, so this is how he has been all week.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I loved American Girl Dolls when I was a little girl. Such good memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!