Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Penguin Playdate

We had some friends over at the end of last week for a penguin-themed play date.  After reading the poems in Antarctic Antics, and practicing waddling around like Daddy penguins holding eggs, we made some of our own.  This was a simple craft using two paper plates - one you cut for the wings and head and the second forms the body.  Full directions can be found at Craft Jr.


Then we had penguin cupcakes.  I made these last year, also.


Miss M loved the penguin song we learned, and has been singing it ever since.

I'm A Little Penguin (to the tune of I'm a Little Teapot)
I'm a little penguin, black and white,
I waddle to the left and I waddle to the right,
I cannot fly but I can swim,
So I waddle to the water and I jump right in.

It was a little odd to be studying penguins in the 75 degree weather, but I guess it is technically winter so it counts!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!