Monday, January 23, 2012

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

We celebrated the Chinese New Year today with some friends from our home learners group.  After learning about the holiday, we made a dragon craft (found here)





and held our own mini-parade.


For snack time we had oranges, rice candy (thanks to my dear husband who went out late to find some) and everyone received coins in red envelopes for good luck.  The kids had a hard time with the idea that they could eat the rice paper wrapper on the candy, but I think they each finally tried it once.


Gung Hay Fat Choy!  Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. What a neat idea! Looks like the kids had fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that my son is wearing a halloween shirt for the Chinese New Year! Thanks for hosting the boys had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!