Tuesday, December 6, 2011

St. Nicholas Day and One Starry Night

I had originally planned to have the kids put shoes out to be filled for St. Nicholas Day, but time escaped me this morning.  Instead, I made miter treat boxes (I found the pattern here) and filled them with chocolates and oranges for dessert.  The kids enjoyed the treats while we read about St. Nicholas' life.



For our Christmas book today, we read One Starry Night by Lauren Thompson.  Then, Miss M and I made a nativity scene using the printables found at Catholic Icing and toilet paper tubes.  There are sixteen pieces in all, so I cut and Miss M colored and glued and colored and glued some more.




When she got tired, she directed while I colored.


The final results have been quite fun to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!