Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Painting Ornaments and St. Lucia Day

Yesterday, we went with our Home Learner's group to a local pottery studio to paint some ornaments.  This was the first time either Miss M or Baby B had been, and they both had a great time.  We have many ceramic ornaments on our tree from when J was this age, and Miss M is excited to add her own.  I had forgotten my camera, but my friend who blogs over at Raising the Cameron Clan took photos for us.




It was St. Lucia day, and I had great plans to make sweet buns and have Miss M dress up in the traditional St. Lucia crown and deliver them; but we all have colds and were low on energy so we went low-key this year.  The only thing we really did was read Lucia, Saint of Light by Katherine Bolger Hyde.  Maybe next year we will do more with this feast day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!