Friday, November 11, 2011

Miss M's Week In Review

This was one of those weeks where we did not have one specific theme to work on, but just worked on a variety of skills.

For language arts we made our own book about the fall leaf colors and did a color by letter turkey.  


Miss M's favorite activity this week was Read, Stamp, Write.  Usually she just wants to stamp the words, but this week she wrote them out as well.


For science, we reviewed our seasons by sorting seasonal pictures.  We also reviewed the three criteria for telling if an animal is a mammal and did lots of sorts into mammals and not mammals.  We are intentionally molding a Halloween pumpkin, and we observed it every day for changes.


For math we continue to work on beginning addition using unifix cubes and other manipulatives.


I found a cute turkey family worksheet over at Miss Kindergarten for counting review.  Miss M is a huge fan of logic games, and played Royal Rescue everyday this week. (I bought this game at the local teacher supply store last month.  The price on Amazon was so ridiculous I couldn't even bring myself to link to the game.  If I find it for a normal price somewhere else I will add the link later.)


And, of course, we had just lots of free play both inside and out.



I plan to do an update on Baby B on Sunday, as he had a busy week himself.  I also plan to post a video J did of his Rube Goldberg project, assuming I can get my husband to edit out the first few seconds where he says his name on the video.

I am linking this post to Preschool Corner {&5K Too!} at Homeschool Creations and Weekly Wrap-Up at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful week. I miss those years! And love that art easel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We too love read, stamp it write it & maipulative cubes. Say, my son was eyeing that castle toy (expensive on amazon) - would you recommend it?

    I'd love for you to link up at TGIF Linky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties - I am also your newest follower. I'd love for you to follow me back, if you want =-)
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful week! Stamps are a favorite at our house.

    Popping in from pre-k corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss M did a wnderful job on her coloring page! I am inpressed!! What a good week you guys had. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks like she enjoyed her week of activities! Have a blessed week...now following through the preschool corner.

    Forest Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!