Sunday, October 2, 2011

Tot School: Bear Hunt

Tot School
~16 months old~

It has been a few weeks since we did a Tot School post, but we have been busy working on activities.  Baby B has been into the book We're Going On A Bear Hunt, so I did some activities with him related to the book.

We practiced color words using our counting bears:


We collected a variety of bears we had into one bin for him to play with:



I printed pictures from the Bear Hunt printables at Stay and Play and put them into Baby B's Education Cube.  We worked on vocabulary for bear, grass, water, tree, mud and house.


I have continued to change out the six toys on Baby B's school shelves, and this has greatly increased his interest in playing by himself.  He loves seeing what new toys there are out each week.


I made felt board pieces to go along with Bear Hunt, and Baby B held them up to me as we told each part of the story.


We have done some painting this week (both finger and using a brush) and spent quite a lot of time outside enjoying the gorgeous weather as well.

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet! I love seeing all the things he's done. We're Going on a Bear Hunt is a favorite around here; I almost wish my son was this age again so we could do some of these fun things. Love the felt board pieces especially. And yes, doesn't it make a huge difference to plan out shelf activities? It can be a lot of work to come up with something, but the enjoyment they get from something new and interesting is SO worth it!! Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!