Thursday, October 27, 2011

stART: Raccoon on His Own

Fall has finally reached our area of the south, and we have been studying fall-related themes.  For stART (story+art) this week, we read Raccoon On His Own by Jim Arnosky.  The book follows baby raccoon as he travels through the swamp in a dugout canoe.



We made a raccoon to go along with the story.  I just free-hand cut the parts out of paper and Miss M glued them on.  Miss M traced her hands to make the raccoon's eye mask.  The stripes on the tail were just colored with black marker. 



This post is linked up to stART at A Mommy's Adventures and Kids Get Crafty at Red Ted Art.

5 comments:

  1. Super cute racoon! And I LOVE activities based on books! I have a Kindergartner too =-)
    I would love for you to link up http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties
    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that racoon. That is simply the cutest racoon ever!!!

    Thank you for taking part in Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable raccoon! I really like Jim Arnosky books. I don't think we've read that one, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your racoon, my mom had a racoon in the garage a while ago and that is all the girls could talk about. I will have to check out this book they would love it and the project too :0)

    Thank you for sharing and linking up to stART!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE Jim Arnosky books - they are all so beautiful! And that is most likely the cutest racoon I've ever seen. :) Those hand cutouts are adorable - what a super idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!