So, in order to keep them busy together this summer, we are having a neighborhood summer camp. Every mom took one day of the week and will be hosting the kids for a different activity on her days. The kids will be baking, swimming, watching movies and eating lunch together all summer long.
At our house, they will be doing crafts, games and snacks related to a weekly theme. The themes we settled on are:
- Pirates (making treasure maps, capture the flag, treasure map cupcakes)
- Outer Space
- 70's Revisited (tie-dying shirts, outdoor twister, rainbow cookies)
- Neighborhood Olympics (3-legged races, obstacle course, hula hoop contest, water balloons)
- Hawaiian Luau (hula dancing, making leis, fruity drinks)
- Cowboys/Girls (making stick horses or banjos, homemade trail mix)