Monday, May 9, 2011

Splat Painting

If you have read my blog for any length of time you know that 1) My kids love to paint and 2) We are NOT afraid of messes in our house. This newest painting technique definitely needs to be done outside, but it is SO fun!

J and I filled balloons with a few tablespoons of couscous and then blew them the rest of the way up. Then we put puddles of paint on paper plates. Our canvas was a recycled cardboard box.


You just dip the balloon onto the paint and toss it into the box.

The kids experimented with different amounts of paint and dropping their balloons from varying heights.


It was fun for both kids (and me too) and I think the results were very pretty!


(This idea came from MaryAnn Kohl's The Big Messy Art Book: But Easy to Clean Up book.)

4 comments:

  1. This is very fun! My son would love it. We have all of the supplies needed right now too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE! We love messes too! I'd love for you to come by and link this up to It's Playtime this week (last week's ends today, next week's begins on Thursday) -- this is a great play time activity!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is too cool! We did our own version of splat painting at preschool a while back:

    http://progressiveearlychildhoodeducation.blogspot.com/2010/01/splat-painting.html

    and last week we did a version with sponges and fly swatters that I have yet to post. I'm definately going to give this one a try :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!