Thursday, February 10, 2011

Froggy's First Kiss

I know it's been more than a week since I last posted. It seems that everyone in the house has been taking turns being ill. Yesterday was the first day that Miss M was feeling up to doing much of anything.

M loved Froggy Gets Dressed, so when I saw Froggy's First Kiss by Jonathan London I thought it would be perfect. Of course, I love how Froggy makes a special valentine not for the little girl who kisses him, but rather for his mom!

M made a heart-shaped suncatcher to go along with the book. She cut the tissue paper herself

and attached it to the contact paper.

I trimmed it for her when she was done. A simple project, but it helped us get back into the groove of doing something! (Yes, it is snowing outside the window. Our fifth day of snow for February, very odd for this part of Texas!)


I am linking this to stART at A Mommy's Adventure and Kids Get Crafty at Red Ted Art.

4 comments:

  1. Aaah that is a truly lovely heart! So sweet and looks great against the window!

    Thank you for joining Kids Get Crafty, lovely to see you there!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been sick, too, and my blog has suffered. I love your stained glass heart. Never thought of cutting the tissue paper...we always tear ours, but that would be a great scissors activity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did that too, only I mistakenly didn't cut it up into a heart already and just gave them large amount of contact paper. They still had fun, but after awhile I could see they were getting bored.

    Fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Valentine's suncatcher is adorable!

    We like the Froggy books here too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!