Sunday, January 9, 2011

Winter Week Wrap-Up

Today's snow was a great way to end our winter-themed week of school. We had a lot of fun this week. Some of our activities included:

Name snowman (I took the picture before M finished writing her name - one letter on each circle). She cut the arms herself.


Journal writing

Counting snowman-shaped marshmallows


Making shapes with marshmallows and toothpicks


Cutting mittens, sizing from biggest to smallest, measuring with marshmallows (mittens from Musings of Me)




Sometimes the simplest activities are the most fun. This week's favorite was ice-skating using wax paper for skates.


We also had an indoor snowball fight using cotton balls. At J's holiday party I had used bath puffs purchased from the Dollar Store for 2/1.00 as snowballs. The puffs were better for the bigger kids as they went farther but still didn't hurt anyone. The cotton balls worked great for M and I.

1 comment:

  1. I love the name snowman! How fun! I will be doing that with my daughter tomorrow, although I will have to write the letters myself, as she is only almost 2. :) Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!