Sunday, January 16, 2011

Walrus Craft

Since we were learning about the Arctic this week, I had originally planned to do a polar bear craft. However, M became fascinated by the walrus and wanted to do a walrus craft.


This involved painting a paper plate brown and cutting circles from brown paper for the head and flippers. The mouth is also a folded circle glued down. The tusks are painted white craft sticks. The only thing we are missing is the whiskers. I had intended to use brown yarn around the mouth, but Miss M didn’t want to do that part.  You can find the complete directions for this craft on Danielle's Place of Crafts and Activities on the Walrus Crafts page.

2 comments:

  1. the walrus came out cute! I think it's neat because I haven't seen many walrus crafts. I've included this on my weekly favorites post here: http://play2grow.blogspot.com/2011/01/weekly-favorites-for-january-16-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The walrus is super super cute! Kerri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!