Thursday, January 6, 2011

stART: Snowballs

For our stART (story + art) project this week we read the book Snowballs by Lois Ehlert. It's a cute story about making a snowman family using all kinds of fun household items. After reading the book M made her own "snowball."


The illustrations in the book have snowmen made out of crumpled paper, and M selected some natural fiber paper with leaves and flowers pressed into it for a similar look.

We then searched the craft room and house for unusual objects she wished to add. She added hair and feet to her snowball and said it was herself.


She keeps asking me to make the rest of our family, so I forsee many more snowman portraits in our future. You can see many more stART ideas over at A Mommy's Adventures.

5 comments:

  1. I love her snowman! Great book too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the book looks fabulous! As does your snowman!! I love it when my son asks me to make stuff out of books - it means he really loves crafting and gets the the whole "stART" thing!! ;-)

    I would LOVE for you to join us at Kids Get Crafty (every Wednesday on Red Ted Art) - current link up http://www.redtedart.com/2011/01/05/kids-get-crafty-3-kings-dressing-up/

    Hope to see you there!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the details used like the trees and the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!