Saturday, January 22, 2011

Polar Poetry

We found two fun books of poetry recently while studying the polar regions: Polar Bear Arctic Hare by Eileen Spinelli and Antarctic Antics: A Book of Penguin Poems by Judy Sierra. The poems are fun to read, nicely illustrated and informative as well. This was one of Miss M's first introductions to poetry, and I was glad to find that she really enjoyed them.

Our family read aloud right now is The Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. This was a favorite of mine when I was a child and I am glad I can share it with my kids. I think it's a classic for a reason.

You can see other suggestions for books at the What My Child is Reading blog hop over hosted at Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining WMCIR! The poetry books sound awesome - I will be looking for them. I haven't heard of The Little Princess before, but the title itself sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the polar bear/arctic theme. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!