Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tot School: Even More Pumpkins

Tot School
(M is 38 months old)

We worked on more pumpkins this week - mainly focusing on math. I printed out a pumpkin grid sheet, and we used marshmallow pumpkin candies as counters to play a dice game. M really enjoyed this and we focused on counting up to twenty all week.

We weighed our pumpkins, measured how tall they were, and measured their circumference. Then I found this cute pumpkin measuring activity from Chalk Talk. Everyone colored pumpkins, and then I cut them out and taped them on the wall and we measured how many pumpkins tall everyone is!


M made a candy corn craft using foam and buttons. I wanted her to match the buttons to the color stripe on the candy corn, but her artistic vision was a little different!




Baby B is cutting his first tooth, so in addition to being held he spent most of the week like this!

7 comments:

  1. That is so cute how you stacked the pumpkins and used them as a growth chart! I will keep that in mind for next year or another holiday! We only finally used our actual growth chart this week. Thanks for sharing! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I left you an award on my blog today.

    http://moremillers.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the candy corn color sorting/button craft!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The candy corn color match is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had fun with candy corn too. Yummy! Love your button craft. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the "how many pumpkins" tall activity. Wouldn't that be fun to pull out ever fall?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!