Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tot School: Sept 20-25

Tot School
(M is 37 months old)

I did remember to take a few pictures of Tot School this week. We didn't have a set theme.

For math we worked on same and different and naming which item does not belong. M was able to tell me if something matched or not thanks to many games of S'Match, but when I changed the terminology to same or different it was more difficult for her. First we worked with pairs of animals cards.


Then we used the same/different apple cards from Prekinders and she put a green marble on each of the different items on the card. We followed up with a few workbook sheets on the same topic.


Then we played the bug game - which is a version of memory using halves of various insects. M loves this game and we play it daily.



She did some tonging and sorting with green and orange gourds.


We worked on tracing circles on an apple shape (and also cutting skills using apple pieces) with sheets from Kidssoup.


She colored a wooden carriage and unicorn for free art one day. M loves to color these mini wooden pieces so I try to pick them up whenever I am at Michael's (they are only 50 cents).


That was all I took photos of this week. We did do some sorting work using black and orange felt owl stickers and several other fall-themed projects. Our focus right now is mainly on pre-reading, since that is M's preference.

2 comments:

  1. I like the different activity from PreKinders. I will have to print it for Emily to work on...she would enjoy it :0)

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great activities.

    I need to try memory games with my tot. I don't know why I haven't yet. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!