Monday, September 13, 2010

Puzzle Storage

I have a real issue storing board puzzles. If you lay them flat they take up so much space, but if you stand them upright in a bookcase the pieces always fall out. I tried the ziploc baggie method, but I don't like separting the pieces and the boards. The storage bags you can buy on Amazon cost $15 or more per case, which can really add up. When I saw the puzzle storage bags at I Make Stuff I knew I'd found a solution.

Two yards of vinyl, a spool of thread, a package of velcro and 3 broken needles later - I now have custom-fit cases to store our dozen or so puzzles. Not as pretty as Deena's, but functional and only cost me $20 for a dozen cases.


(Thanks to Carisa for posting this idea on her Tumblr blog for me to find.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I have to do this. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so bookmarking this... for my husband who is a crafty one in the family. Thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!