I have a been an avid reader my whole life (the credit goes to my parents who are huge readers and always encouraged us to read and bought us an endless supply of books growing up). For me, reading is not just about learning new things but also is a way to relax. With three kids my free time to read is non-existent these days. While I wouldn't trade away any of the time I have with them, I do want to get back in the habit of reading for myself every day, even if I have to get up a little bit earlier to do that.
My goal is to get up half-an-hour earlier each day and spend that time reading while I ride my exercise bike. So, in order to keep myself on track, I am posting this list of my to read books here, and participing in the Fall Into Reading Challenge over at Callapidder Days. My to read list:
- Fast-Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal by Eric Schlosser
- Parenting With Grace: Catholic Parent’s Guide to Raising Almost Perfect Children by Gregory Popcak
- Food Rules: An Eater’s Manual by Michael Pollan
- Creating A World Without Poverty by Muhammad Yunus
- The Handbook for Catholic Moms: Nurturing Your Heart, Mind, Body and Soul by Lisa Hendey
- Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
- The Postmistress by Sarah Blake
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
What's on your reading list?