Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall Into Reading Challenge 2010


I have a been an avid reader my whole life (the credit goes to my parents who are huge readers and always encouraged us to read and bought us an endless supply of books growing up). For me, reading is not just about learning new things but also is a way to relax. With three kids my free time to read is non-existent these days. While I wouldn't trade away any of the time I have with them, I do want to get back in the habit of reading for myself every day, even if I have to get up a little bit earlier to do that.

My goal is to get up half-an-hour earlier each day and spend that time reading while I ride my exercise bike. So, in order to keep myself on track, I am posting this list of my to read books here, and participing in the Fall Into Reading Challenge over at Callapidder Days. My to read list:

  • Fast-Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal by Eric Schlosser
  • Parenting With Grace: Catholic Parent’s Guide to Raising Almost Perfect Children by Gregory Popcak
  • Food Rules: An Eater’s Manual by Michael Pollan
  • Creating A World Without Poverty by Muhammad Yunus
  • The Handbook for Catholic Moms: Nurturing Your Heart, Mind, Body and Soul by Lisa Hendey
  • Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
  • The Postmistress by Sarah Blake
  • The Help by Kathryn Stockett

What's on your reading list?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a pleasant surprise to be mentioned as a part of your wonderful reading list with some of my favorite authors! I hope you enjoy your reading and just wanted to personally thank you for including my book. As a first time author and a mom, it means so much to me! Happy Reading! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanghai Girls sounds good...adding it to my TBR list!

    The Help...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you're combining reading with exercising -- sounds like a great way to make progress on two excellent goals!

    I read (actually listened to) the Help -- loved it!!

    Thanks for being part of FIR '10!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!