Saturday, August 14, 2010

What My Child Is Reading: The Boys' Picks


For this week's What My Child is Reading blog hop hosted over at Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns, I thought I would feature the boys' books.





J (who is 10) is a big history buff. He is reading a living history book called The Captain's Dog: My Journey with the Lewis and Clark Tribe by Roland Smith. This book tells the story of the Lewis and Clark expedition from the point of view of their dog, Seaman. J is really enjoying this book, both for the historical aspects as well as for the fun story as well.





While he is only 11 weeks old, Baby B is already getting read to daily. One of our current favorites is Snuggle Puppy by Sandra Boynton. I think he enjoys it because I sing the book, rather than read it. Of course, anything by Sandra Boynton is a fun hit with the little ones in our house.

3 comments:

  1. We love Sandra Boynton as well. And of course any story is better when it is sung. If you ever get a chance to see her live take she is even better in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also loved all the books by Sandra Boynton, and especially that one when Anna was a baby. It sure brought back memories :) Thanks for joining WMCIR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great that you are reading with your little one! That sounds like such a cute book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!