Thursday, August 19, 2010

stART: Pizza Craft

We read two books this week that had princesses and pizzas in them. In The Princess and the Pizza by Mary Ann Auch, Princess Paulina chooses not to marry the prince and ends up opening a pizza parlor instead. In Princess Pigtoria and the Pea by Pamela Duncan Edwards, Princess Pigtoria chooses not to marry the prince and instead lives happily ever after with the pizza man.

With two stories containing pizzas, of course we had to do a pizza craft. We used a paper towel roll, cardboard cut into a pizza slice shape, and construction paper sauce, toppings and cheese.



M made a black olive, green pepper and cheese pizza. J chose a jalapeno and mushroom pizza. I found the selections quite amusing since neither child would ever actually EAT a pizza with the toppings they made!

I am linking this post to stART (story + art = a great start) at A Mommy's Adventures.

6 comments:

  1. We read the first book - I liked it, but it was LONG! My daughter insists that proper real pizza should have no toppings whatsoever and no cheese either :) I liked the adding of the paper roll - it gives your pizzas a nice 3D feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your pizza craft even more than the paper plate one we did :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous Pizzas! Love them!!
    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea I love it! Thank you for linking up to stART :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of either of those books. I think I will look for them when we get to the letter P this year. I really do like the 3-D effect of your pizza craft, very original and creative. It did make me think of our pizza one to one corresponding activity we did earlier (way earlier) this year. If you are interested here is the link:
    http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2010/01/activities-for-pp.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just made these pizza slices last night to go with our pizza theme this week. We haven't been doing letter of the week this year, but this week I just wanted to do a pizza theme. I had to google pizza crafts to find this craft again, but so glad I did. The girls enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!