Saturday, April 10, 2010

Tot School: The Yellow Ball

Tot School
(M is 32 months old)

Tot School this week was pretty relaxed at our house. I am on some activity restrictions until the new baby comes and didn’t get much set up and organized for M to work on. That meant we just mainly had free play time all week. Luckily, my mother has stepped in and is working on some theme weeks for M, and we’ll be using those soon. Also, J is a fantastic big brother and took her outside every day to play and get her energy out!

We focused on the book The Yellow Ball by Molly Bang. We worked on the lapbook from Homeschool Share (thanks to Michelle from Delightful Learning for the suggestion) and focused on the letter Y and the color yellow this week.

M played lots of ball games this week. She played soccer and catch with her brother and then on Saturday Daddy took her and J to play basketball at our local park. We also put a bouncy ball on our parachute and made it bounce and jump as we shook the parachute.

M did some free painting this week, and then she did some chalk drawings. We used chalk, since that is what Molly Bang used to draw the illustrations in the book.


One of the things that M has become obsessed with lately is building a fort. Every day she asks for a sheet to turn her small table into a fort and will spend hours playing with her toys in there.


That was our very abbreviated week in Tot School. To see what other's have done this week check out Carisa's blog at 1+1+1=1.

5 comments:

  1. I love that picture of M in the fort. Very cute!

    I hadn't heard of Homeschool Share before. Thanks for introducing us to another resource!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your lapbook from homeschool share. I just checked out the site. What a great resource thanks for the reference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun yellow lapbook. I am off to check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your lapbook and all the ball activities. We need to read that book. I think it's on the Five in a Row list, isn't it? I hope you and baby are doing well. I was on bedrest and restrictions for a long time with Matthew, and it was hard... very hard. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lapbook and all the ball activities! I am still trying to find a copy of that book - it looks like a fun book. I love the smile on M's face - so precious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!