Monday, December 14, 2009

Tot School: More Christmas Fun

This past weekend was so busy, I never got a chance to post our Tot School wrap-up yesterday. To be honest, we didn't do many planned activities this week, and probably won't really do theme weeks again until the new year. That doesn't mean we didn't have lots of fun, however!

We did lots of baking and singing and dancing to Christmas songs this week. M also made two wreaths for the house. The first she painted green and then attached wrapping paper bows. The second, she glued on squares of red and green paper. Both were on paper plates with the centers cut out. Neither of these is an original idea, I've seen lots of versions this season, but she had fun doing them!

M also spent one day working on patterns with her blocks with Daddy.

We all got dressed up and went to hear Daddy play his trumpet in the symphony's Christmas concert. M was such a good little listener, I was so proud of her. J always sets a great example for her, but still, at 28 months it's hard to sit still and quiet for 2 hours.

That's about all I managed to get photos of this week. I am hoping Santa brings me a new camera for Christmas, since mine refuses to focus anymore! This week we are hosting our annual kid's crafting party on Friday, so we'll have lots of fun crafts to post about next week!

To see what others did in Tot School this week, visit Carisa's blog at 1+1+1=1.

7 comments:

  1. It's so awesome that M gets to listen to her daddy play in a real orchestra. She looks so cute in this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wreaths.. there something so fun about a craft they can do mostly on their own! I am so amazed she sat still what a great lesson to learn and to be able to enjoy an orchestra that her Daddy is in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you all had fun! I know, the sitting still isn't easy...slightly better than when they were 1 1/2, but at times even worse... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh, what a PRETTY girl she is! I love that last picture! :) What a good girl she was, too. We're taking Maddie to the Nutcracker ballet (my husband's idea; I'm personally a little a nervous) and I'm HOPING that Maddie will behave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Pufferfish and I are going to try the wreath craft! So simple, and ends up ooking so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it wonderful M has a musician for a daddy?! She looks so precious in her little red dress! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!