Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Open Ended Art: Feathers

Photobucket

We are back into our routine this week, and that includes participating in the weekly Open Ended Art meme over at Mommies Wise Little Bookworms. This week's theme was feathers.

Since M is so into dress-up lately, I thought it would be fun to make feathered masks. I cut the base out of foam, and gave M the glue and feathers and a few sequins.

After putting a few feathers on, she asked me for buttons. And of course, since the button box has googly eyes in it, she had to use those as well.


It didn't have as many feathers as I had envisioned, but she was very proud of the finished product.

9 comments:

  1. This is so cute! What a great idea and it looks like M had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mask - very creative and very open-ended. M did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that her mask has eyes on it, lol! She did a wonderful job and she had a great idea with adding the buttons - I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so cute!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea!!! It turned out wonderfully. Maddie loves masks and I'm sure she'd LOVE to make one with feathers AND sequins!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!