Sunday, October 18, 2009

Tot School: Fall Crafts


I was not feeling well this week, so we did almost no Tot School. J did help his sister do some crafts I had pre-organized, and we did have one new sorting activity which M worked on all week, and that was about it.


(For all of these craft projects, M's is on the left and J's is on the right.)

First the kids made paper plate pumpkins. They glued on squares of construction paper and added pipe cleaner vines.




Next, they made paper bag owls.


Then they made scarecrow puppets using craft sticks, fabric, buttons, and construction paper.


Finally, they made painted paper plate jack-o-lanterns. I drew the face on for M, but she painted the plate.



For the sorting activity, I found a set of plastic acorns at the Dollar store that were three shades of yellow/orange. M used tongs and her 3-part tray to sort the acorns by color. She loves sorting, and using shades of the same color made it more challenging for her.


That was our week in Tot School. Don't forget to go by Carissa's blog at 1+1+1=1 and see what other's did in their Tot School this week.

8 comments:

  1. All of your crafts are so cute, and look like so much fun! I have probably said this many times before, but you always have such great ideas! I love the sorting activity with shades of one color - we need something along those lines. I'll have to go to Dollar Tree sometime soon (oh darn!). I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better by now!

    Your crafts this week are super. LOVE the construction paper pumpkins and the scarecrows too!

    You had a fun week even though you weren't feeling your best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love the paper bag owls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute scarecrows. Hope you are feeling better.

    http://rogersfamilycircus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun projects, I really loved the one with scarecrows. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love the owls espescially and the scare crows. Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!