Saturday, August 29, 2009

Tot School: Ladybugs

I know this is a week late, but I did still want to post all of the fun activities we did with Ladybugs last week.

First, I cut a 10 leaves out of construction paper and labeled them 1-10. Then, I created 10 ladybugs. M had to put the proper number of ladybugs on the leaf. We were working on both counting and numeral recognition.


We also worked on tweezing. I created a ladybug with spots on her back, and gave M a tin full of pompoms and a pair of tweezers. She picked up the pompoms and placed them on each spot (we used the white pompom so it would show up, the black ones got too lost on the dots). This was probably her favorite of the week.


We stuck ladybug stickers onto "mama" and "baby" letter Ls.


For crafts we painted paper plates to make ladybugs. This was a great activity, M loves painting and the plate was very easy for her to do. (This came from No Time for Flashcards.)


We created a ladybug using a red balloon only partially blown up and a permanent marker. M loved balancing it on her head (or trying to) while she walked around, and played with it all week.

That was our ladybug week in Tot School. To see what other's did in Tot School visit 1+1+1=1.

2 comments:

  1. I love the last picture of M - she just looks so sweet looking at her balloon ladybug. :) And I smiled when I saw your "mama" and "baby" letters, lol! I'm glad we are not the only ones using that terminology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great week! I liked the idea of tweezers and pom-poms - I want to try it out too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!