Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tot School: July 5-11

This was a very busy week for us so we didn't do a lot of planned activities. Tot School for us this week included a lot of our old favorites like playdough, coloring, the sandbox and of course, swimming.

We used colored salt and glue to make bright, textured collages for art this week.

When we were done, I added the extra colored salt to M's sensory box along with her rocks, which was a lot of fun.

I saw this project over at What Do We Do All Day and had to try it with M. I filled a jar with colored paperclips, washers, and rice until it was about ½ full. (That’s purple duct tape on the lid to keep it from being opened). M then used a strong magnet -- the back of a fridge clip so she couldn’t put it in her mouth -- to lift the paperclips and washers and move them around the jar. She loved this!

We also did alphabet bowling. I covered empty water bottles with paper and wrote a letter on each of them. M would then bowl and we'd talk about the sounds of the letters she knocked down.

M keeps trying to be like her big brother. Here, she is trying to play Wii with him (her controller was not active, but she didn't care.)That was our week in Tot School. You can see what others did in Tot School this week over at 1+1+1=1.

7 comments:

  1. You have some great, creative ideas! Love the textured art collage!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the magnet/paper clip game!! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the magnet idea too - I'll have to try that one. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are definitely going to try the magnet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the textured collage. I will have to try that with Mikey Bear. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the textured art and the magnet idea-will definitely be trying these with my tot! Thanks for the ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a great week! I liked the magnet bottle idea - I have to try it with Anna some time later this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!