Monday, May 4, 2009

Butterflies Everywhere

With the rain keeping the kids cooped up inside, and our local sports, library programs, playgroups or other kid activities all closed for a week as a result of local Swine Flu cases, I thought this would be a good time to try some new projects. One of the things my kids will be doing is the Butterfly Project, which I saw on the Letters Numbers and Books Oh My blog. The Holocaust Museum in Houston is collecting handmade butterflies for a display. They want 1.5 million butterflies to represent the 1.5 million kids who died during the Holocaust. They have some rules on size (no bigger than 8x10 inches), and what materials can be used. The rules and the address to mail them to can be found on their website.

To make it interesting, we are going to do butterflies in several different mediums. Here's what we have done so far!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it!